Unless you’re having pasta at a restaurant which gives your a variety choice of sauces, most households in Sabah I went to, serve pasta with bolognese sauce, the usual tomato puree, minced meat or chicken and cheese which the recipe is slightly tweaked according to the creativity of the one who cooks. Though tweaked, it still tastes like, you guessed it, tomatoes.
Don’t you ever get bored of the tomato taste when someone prepares pasta at home? Don’t you want to explore all other flavours that go great with pasta? Don’t you want to go out of the box and not taste tomato in your pasta? I know I do. And I’m not talking about those ready made sauces in can they got on shelves at supermarket. They don’t taste ‘authentic’.
If you got multiple yeses, the why don’t you make yourself Pasta & Broccoli as seen on Taste.com.au.
It uses only four ingredients and there’s no fuss to prepare. All you need is;
1. 500 gram dried spaghetti pasta (RM 4.80).
2. 750 gram broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets, stalks removed (RM 3.80)
3. 1/3 cup olive oil (RM 26.90).
4. Two garlic cloves, crushed and,
5. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (RM 11.30, Merdeka Supermarket).
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Add broccoli at the last five minutes of cooking. Drain.
2. Heat the oil. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add in pasta and broccoli into the pan and stir.
3. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
So, there you have it, your second pasta recipe aside from the bolognese. And in spite of my poor presentation and the simple ingredients, the pasta actually taste good. I added a pinch of salt and pepper for that extra taste.
Go ahead and try! 😀